Disaster is a French word which means a bad star for a particular area or a zone where normal life may get disturbed due to heavy loss to human life or property.
Types of disaster
|* Railway/Air/Road accidents
* Mine collapse
* Panic exodus
India has been traditional
vulnerable to natural disasters because of its unique geo-climatic conditions apart from human imposed disasters. Though it is almost impossible to fully recoup the damage caused by disaster, it is possible to
- Minimize the potentional risk by developing early warning strategies.
- Prepare and implement plans to provide resilience to such disaster.
- Mobiles resources
- To help in rehabilitation and post disaster reconstruction
The main objective of Disaster Management is to initiate preemptive action before any climatic strikes. Disaster Management is not only an emergency relief and rehabilitation measure.
Civil Defence acts as support agency in Disaster Management it is mainly doing two types of activities:
- Organised training programs
- Prepare and implements plans
- Remain fit through regular drill and exercises.
- Act as support agency for provision of First Aid, Search & Rescue services.
- Act as support agency for movement of relief.
- Triage of causalities and treatment
- Work in coordination with other agencies
- Help police in traffic management and Law & order duty.